These are our terms and conditions. They apply each time you visit our site and we will assume that you’ve read them before you use the site. They do change from time to time and you promise to re-read them each time you visit us.
These Terms and Conditions comprise the following sections:
- General Terms
- Forum Terms
which together form the basis of the relationship between us and both you and we agree to be bound by what each section says.
YOUR PROMISES TO US
You agree that:
- You have the right to make this Agreement with us and that, if you are an individual, you are over the age of 18 years.
- You will read the terms and conditions on any site we link you to.
- You won’t use robots, spiders, scrapers or similar things on the Site.
- You won’t try to get around any things we put on the Site to stop or limit access to parts of it.
- You won’t do anything that might cause our systems to crash.
- You won’t steal the Site or any part of it for use in any other site or application or for any other purpose.
- You won’t try to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any programs or systems we use in connection with the Site or the services it offers.
- You won’t copy, imitate or use the trademarks and/or designs and/or layout or anything else which would usually amount to intellectual property and which we own.
Either we or our business partners and affiliates own all of the information and intellectual property on the Site and you have no right to copy or use any of that information or intellectual property other than to use the Site unless we give that right to you.
When you create an Account with us you promise that:
- You will only have one Account with us
- All information you submit is accurate and truthful
- You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date
- You will not share your Account with anyone else
- You will keep your Account details confidential
- You will not give your username or password to anyone else
- You will log off when you exit the Site
- Your username will not be offensive, suggest that you are someone else or that you represent a trade or brand name. We can change a username if we think it breaks this term.
We may close your Account if you break these Terms and Conditions or if there has been no activity on the Account for 12 months.
If any payment we send to your bank account is refused and you do not supply us with an alternative bank account within 28 days of us asking you, we may keep that payment to cover our costs and you will be entitled to nothing.
If you do anything which we think might be fraud, we may report those actions to the Police and the money standing to the credit of your account may be returned to any merchants involved or kept by us to cover the costs we are put to in dealing with your fraud.
If you have not authenticated your current email address with us and/or if it cannot accept service emails from us and/or you mark our emails as spam, abusive or junk then, and in any such event, we can terminate your Account.
You take positive action to opt in to receive our marketing emails and understand that you have the right to opt out of our marketing emails at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
You can cancel your Account with us at any time – all you need to do is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will use reasonable skill and care in delivering any services we offer through this Site
- You understand, accept and agree that the Supplier and Job Post services we provide are posts made by others on this Site and we whilst we endeavour to monitor such posts, we have no control over their content. If you find any post objectionable or unacceptable you must contact us at email@example.com and we will consider your points.
- If you post any advertisement on the Site you will ensure that:
- it complies with all and any codes published from time to time by the Advertising Standards Authority
- The product, service or job vacancy you offer is real and available at the time you post it
- You have the unfettered right to post the advertisement and to use all and any intellectual property associated with it
- That you have full right and licence to use all and any images documents and other intellectual property which you ask us to post on your behalf.
- If we produce any draft documents on your behalf you will examine them thoroughly and notify us, before you consent to their publication, and will be fully responsible for all errors which you fail to point out to us.
- You agree that you will indemnify us (without limit) to the fullest extent allowed by law for any liability we incur as a result of any nature breach by you by you of the conditions imposed for the use of our services
Training & Members Services
- These services may be subject to additional conditions and you agree to comply with all conditions which affect such services
Documents, Policy Statements and Resources
- The Site contains documents, policies, articles and guidance. These items are meant to assist you but not substitute for full professional advice and you warrant that you will obtain such professional advice before putting in force any suggestions made on the Site
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that (unless we say otherwise) all documents, policy statements and resources which are provided on the Site are provided as generalised statements only and by sub-contractors who we engage to provide such services. We are not able to verify the items they produce and make no warranty that any information contained within them is correct, complete or up to date. As far as we are allowed by law to do so, we deny all responsibility for such services
PRIVACY & COOKIES
We can’t promise that the Site will meet your needs; that it will work properly; that it will be fit for a particular purpose or that it will not infringe the rights of others.
We can’t promise that the Site will work with all systems; that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate.
We don’t give advice on the Site, just general opinions, so don’t rely on what we say when you make any decisions.
We don’t endorse or recommend any product or service we promote using the Site and you use such products and services, entirely at your own risk.
The opinions expressed in any blogs appearing on the Site are those of their author and do not, necessarily reflect our own opinion. You should take full professional advice before pursuing any suggestions offered through the Site
We take all reasonable effort to test material before placing it on the Site. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption or damage, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from the Site.
If you link to any other site using the Site then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions – so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites.
AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE
We never guarantee that the Site will be available all the time and if it’s not available for any reason you can’t hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result.
We have the right to change the Site and the services it offers, suspend it or stop it at any time.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
As far as we are allowed by law we deny liability for any losses of all kind which you incur from visiting and/or using the Site. You use the Site at your own risk.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on our part.
If you upload or pass any information to us which is incorrect in any way, we will have no liability to you for any actions, claims, costs or demands which follow that incorrect information and you will provide us with a complete indemnity in respect of all liability of whatever nature which we incur as a result.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We don’t control any of the websites we link to and so we can’t be responsible for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any losses which come out of you using them.
Just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site.
We can never guarantee that a link will work.
MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS & THE SITE
You agree to re-read these Terms and Conditions each time you visit the Site so as to understand any changes we’ve made to them.
If we change the Site these Terms and Conditions will apply to any changes we make.
These Terms and Conditions are made under the laws of England and Wales and that is the only jurisdiction which can govern them.
We and you agree that these Terms and Conditions do not form the basis of any partnership or co-venture.
These Terms and Conditions supersede any previous terms and conditions we have published and represent the entire understanding between you and us.
Time will not be of the essence in any part of any agreement between you and us.
You and we acknowledge and agree that the agreement formed resulting from these Terms and Conditions has not been entered into in reliance on anything said or promised by the other which is not in these Terms and Conditions.
If a Court or other body says that any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable, the rest of them will stand.
If either you or we need to give formal notice to the other, it must be done by email to the address each of us gives to the other from time to time.
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire understanding between you and us.
You agree to comply with the following rules apply when posting or viewing on the forums on the Site:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language
- Nothing you submit can be unlawful or otherwise objectionable and you must not use the Site to publish material which may be abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, racist, ageist or sexist
- Nothing you submit may be designed to promote violence
- That any views you express are honestly held
- All your posts must be in English
- You must not post links to other sites which may break these rules
- You can’t use any forum to advertise
- You must not impersonate anyone else
- You may not post anything which contains any viruses, trojans, crawlers or anything else which might damage, interrogate or otherwise access our software, hardware or communications networks.
- You are the owner of or have the full consent of the owner of any material which is protected by copyright or is the property of any third party.
You agree that you will indemnify us (without limit) to the fullest extent allowed by law for any liability we incur as a result of any nature breach by you by you of the conditions imposed for the use of our Forums
We have the absolute right to moderate all posts on the Site and to remove any post which we do not want.
When you submit a post you are warranting that you are the author of that post and that you own or have the right to use all the intellectual property rights associated with it and you agree that we may use your post for any reason and in any manner we choose without paying you, telling you or acknowledging you as the owner.
When viewing posts you accept that we are not the author and that any views expressed do not necessarily represent our views.
If you see a post which you find objectionable tell us as soon as you can and we will consider whether or not it should be removed.
The following words have the following meanings in these Terms and Conditions:
- We are Practice Index Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09018867 and whose registered office is at 4th Floor 86-90 Paul Street London EC2A 4NE.
- Site is www.practiceindex.co.uk
- You are a visitor to the Site.
- Account means the account you create with us if you register with the Site.
- Agreement means the agreement which comes into effect when you accept our terms and conditions.
- Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of the Site.
- Service means each and any service provided to you by us.
- User means any person, firm or company using the Site for any purpose.
We, Us, Our
Practice Index Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09018867 and whose registered office is at 4th Floor 86-90 Paul Street London EC2A 4NE.
are a visitor to the Site.
This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Site.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means all the information you submit to us via the Site. This definition, where appropriate, incorporates the definitions provided in the GDPR (25th May 2018) and DPA18.
means a small text file placed on your computer by the Site when you visit certain parts of the Site and/or when you use certain features of the Site.
UK and EU Cookie Law
means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
means you or anyone who uses the Site.
Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of you and us when using the Site. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from the Site including, but not limited to, any links we might provide.
Without limitation, all or any of the following personal Data may be collected by the Site from time to time:
- date of birth;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
In addition we will collect the following technical data:
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected); and
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on the Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected).
Our Use of Data
We will keep any personal Data you submit for 12 months.
Unless we are obliged or allowed by law, and subject to “Third Party Sites and Services” below, we will not disclose your Data to third parties. This does not include the companies which form part of our group.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR (25th May 2018) and DPA18.
We use your Data so as to give you the best possible service and experience when using the Site.
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail; or
- to customise or update the Site.
Third Party Sites and Services
We may, from time to time, use other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to some of your Data.
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we’ve requested. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Any Data that is processed by third parties will be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the GDPR (25th May 2018) and DPA18.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and that may mean that the people who control our business change. If we do that your Data will, if relevant, be transferred to the people who then control the business. They will have the same rights and obligations as we have under the terms of this Policy.
If we do transfer Data for this reason we will not tell you in advance.
Controlling Use of Your Data
If we ask for Data from you, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of the Site without providing any Data at all but to use all features and functions available on the Site you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing Your Own Data
In accordance with the GDPR, you have the right to ask for a copy of any data and supplementary information we hold about you. To do so, please contact us:
Practice Index Ltd
86 - 90 Paul Street
(UK Company Reg. No. 09018867)
Telephone: 020 7099 5510
Fax: 020 7099 5585
Rectifying inaccuracy of your data
You have the right to request any inaccuracies to be rectified. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your Data we have put in place various physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via the Site.
By using the Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services and/or parties other than us. We use third party Cookies on the Site to enable third parties with whom we do business to hold and evaluate data if they are a party to any transaction on the Site. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of the Site and can be disabled.
All Cookies used by the Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Certain features of the Site need Cookies for those features to work. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. In those cases, we don’t ask for your consent to place them but you can still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below.
The Site uses analytics services provided by Google and others. “Analytics” is a set of tools used to collect and analyse how the Site is used which then helps us understand the needs of our Users. This, in turn, means that we can improve the Site and the products and/or services offered through it.
You don’t have to let us use these analytic Cookies but when we use them your privacy and safe use of the Site are not at risk.
The analytics service may place Cookies on your device immediately you visit the Site and it may not be possible to obtain your consent before it does. You can remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below:
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser.
- Most internet browsers enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies.
- By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time but if you do you may lose any information that enables you to access the Site quickly and efficiently and you may lose your personal settings.
We recommend that you make sure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that if you are not sure about anything you look at the help and guidance provided by your internet browser.
Changes to this Policy
We have the right to change this Policy as and when we decide from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Site and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of this Policy on your first use of the Site following those changes.
Practice Index Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions [http://practiceindex.co.uk/gp/terms-and-conditions/]) and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.practiceindex.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the GDPR (25th May 2018) and DPA18, the data controller is Practice Index Ltd of [Practice Index Ltd, 4th Floor, 86 - 90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE].
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.practiceindex.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, [search for a product], [place an order on our site], [participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site], [enter a competition, promotion or survey], [OTHER ACTIVITIES COMMONLY CARRIED OUT ON THE SITE] and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, [OTHER INFORMATION].
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose identifiable information about individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience].
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Practice Index Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHERE THE INFORMATION IS STORED
Practice Index Ltd processes the data provided by users via a secure data centre; this is backed up off site on a regular basis.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [Practice Index Ltd, 4th Floor, 86 - 90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE] OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to access the information we hold about you. To access this information please email [email@example.com or call 02070995510 and ask to speak with Data Controller. There is no fee applicable when providing you with copies of the information held.
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with any element of our data-processing methods, please do contact us and let us know. Alternatively, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. For further details, visit ico.org.uk and select ‘Raising a concern’